Subject: Re: [Leica] Current Events
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 01:34:21 -0400

At 15:33 -0400 06/09/99, Mark Rabiner wrote:
. . .
>If Pain is an issue that if you are not facing now you sure as hell will be
>facing it someday. I'm glad the issue is being dealt with.
>Mark Rabiner

	--> Pain Management should be a major issue everywhere
	but few people have the strength to stand up to the less than
	professional standards that some physicians inflict
	by their lack of vision or basic in-consideration.
	In Quebec, it basically is still 'minimal drugs' practice.
	It's a policy that scores good points but it's debatable.
	I'm surprised to see this come up on the LUG but I deeply
	agree with you Mark.
	If you can't cure a disease, at least try and minimize the pain,
	be it mental or emotional and help the patient through
	the ordeal.
	The "helpful professional" may be a myth to some,
	but it adds a whole lot of "quality of life" to the suffering
	when people start doing something to help them out.

	--> there is a whole lot of photography and art
	that addresses the issue of pain, even political, economic and
	catastrophy related forms of pain and various forms of
	disarry. Some won't see anything but a voyeuristic fascination
	with the various situations depicted; I rather think it brings
	up the very basic issues that underlay the symptoms
	that a photographer's exercized eye and art can come to convey.
	That's empathy and inner vision: the human element.

	It takes more than a great camera, lens and film
	to become great photography.

	Andre Jean Quintal