Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder woes.
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 11:36:40 -0700

Bernard wrote:

> Eric Welch wrote:
>
> > At 10:04 AM 9/6/99 +0400, you wrote:
> > >I've had my R8-winder combo stop winding mid-roll. And that has
> > happened
> > >several times (I shoot very much, so I can't say it happens often,
> > >relatively). It's very very annoying. Someone once asked on the group
> >
> > Do you have the battery pack for it? Solved that problem for me. I
> > discharge/recharge it once a month. And it works flawlessly. Worth the
> > money.
>
> Do you mean the extra slice to be hung below the winder? No, I didn't
> get that, because the camera is heavy enough as it is. Some like their
> cameras as heavy as they can get them for stability, but I'm quite
> pleased with the weight and size as it is; it's just right. Besides, it
> seems a little strange that one would need some additional battery pack
> to make the winder work according to specifications.
>
> Bernard.

What if you had a good battery tester and you made sure that all the batteries
in your winder were strong and matching in charge? If the problem was that some
of the batteries are doing most of the work and you're not firing away at
catalogs and you don't want your camera any heavier then keep popping fresh sets
in those matching fresh or freshly recharged batteries. I love rechargeable AA
batteries as I have a slew of chargers and as I take them out I check to make
sure they all match up on the tester.
Mark Rabiner