Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and Hasselblad
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 14:11:46 -0400

Well, a basic M6 is my basic camera, but I do have others -- in 35mm, for
instance, I have an M3, two LTM's, a Rollei 35 and an SL35E, a couple of
Contarex bodies, a slew of Contax gear, and even a sainted Zenit.  In MF, I
principally use Rolleiflex, a 2.8GX and a 2.8F, though I have a lot of
other gear, from a couple of Prewar Super Ikonta B's and a couple of
Ikoflexes to that cheapest of the cheap, a Prewar Ikonta C with its
record-beating f/6.3 triplet Novar.

But, damned straight I have a Hasselblad rig as well -- all old stuff, but
grand if you can bear the weight.  A 2000 FC/M body, 4/50 Distagon C,
2.8/80 Planar T*, 5.6/120 S-Planar, 5.6/135 S-Planar, and a 2.8/18cm CZJ
Olympia Sonnar with adapter.  I use a Kiev meter-prism and have two cheap
backs -- a 12 and an early A12, both with mismatched inserts.  Swapping and
trading, I don't have a lot in it, and it certainly isn't cutting-edge, but
it is a nice rig to use.  Tough, durable.  Wonderful lenses -- and the new
stuff is light-years better.

For toting about, I generally use the 2.8GX or the M6, but it's nice to
have a bit of variety!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!