Subject: Re: [Leica] Whether to buy a seperate meter?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 00:20:57 -0500

At 05:17 PM 9/5/99 -0700, you wrote:
>2.7 or 2.3  from? What would Olympus consider a highlight? Who the heck knows
>and what would the odds be that that would have some meaning to a particular
>photographers way of working that day?

Actually, it's probably based on their tests. But you can adjust it for
your purposes, Mark. Just adjust the ISO on the meter. But then, you'd have
to meter everything for that particular highlight. That's why I set my
meter at my tested film speed, and then do the calculations in my head.
There are no shortcuts in photography for excellence.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    My best work is often almost unconscious and occurs ahead of my ability
to understand it. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"