Subject: [Leica] Loose filter ring on 21mm f/3.4 SA M
From: pieter@world.std.com (Pieter Bras)
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 22:08:51 -0400

Hello all,

I have a 21mm f/3.4 Super Angulon M chrome which has suddenly developed
a loose filter ring.  That is, the filter ring wobbles a bit.  The lens
front element is still firmly in place, so there is no problem of
optical misalignment.  But there would be if a filter were mounted on
the lens.  (Fortunately, I don't use any filter with the lens.)

The filter ring also attaches to the 12501 hood, which I have permanently
mounted, along with a 14040 cap for the hood.

The lens has lived in a padded compartment of my camera bag for the past
several months, has not been dropped or otherwise abused, and none of
the other gear in the bag (2 M bodies and several lenses) show any
looseness or misalignment.

I can't even see any way to tighten the ring (it has not rotated, and
the square hood still lines up properly).

Has anyone ever seen this problem?

TIA,
- --
Pieter Bras