Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: success RATIOS
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 15:41:48 -0700

Apart from the present conversation regarding "trash diving!"

I thought you might find this interesting from a few years ago about a new
Olympic Sport, "real time trash diving".

In the Kodak Main Press Centre lab most photogs editted their film on huge
light tables, as we weren't all "perfect photographers" :) we dumped quite
a number of slides into trash cans by the tables.

One day Mike Tete, Chief honcho for Kodak operations caught a couple of
"camera manipulators" (I can't use "photographers") going through the trash
and removing culls then stamping their name on what we considered "OUTS!"
To say the least that ended dumping outs in the trash and the cuprits,
although accredited, were banned from the Kodak lab. We on the other hand
carried away all our outs from then on.
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant