Subject: [Leica] Which seperate meter?
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 09:25:49 -0800

lugnutz!

with all this hubbub about seperate meters, i can't refrain from asking:
which seperate meter to buy? now, put down those flamethrowers! this is not
a 'gee whiz, those [insert piece of photographic equipment here] look kinda
neat. i'd love to have one dangling from my neck as i lolly about the
gazebo...,' but rather, an honest question.

having relied solely on the meter in my m6, i need to consider the purchase
of a seperate meter to use with my new (well, it's new to me) screw mount.
i'd like a good, but not overly sophisticated meter i could use with the
iiif, one i could carry in my pocket and use quickly and easily. i shoot
b&w film, mostly out in the street or in dim interiors. a
reflected/incident light meter will be fine; i don't really need a spot. i
don't normally use a flash, but wouldn't be opposed to a meter that also
gave flash readings, for those rare occasions where i might need such
information.

does any one have any preferences, not only in terms of brands, but also
regarding analogue/digital meters.

i'd appreciate any suggetions.

thanks.

guy