Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Connections!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 09:40:58 -0400

LUGnuts one and all!
Well, I got to experience again the first hand meeting of a fellow LUGger!
Bill Caldwell, his lovely wife Mary, and their traveling companions, the
Lowes, who came through our little burg yesterday, and stood my wife
Rosemary, and I to a round of the Spring Garden Brewing Company's finest,
and a Bubba Burger!
I will have to apologize for not spending as much time conversing with the
Lowes, but I got deeply in conversation with Bill, and was fascinated by his
photos, and his take on Leicas!
I remember my first 'encounter' with a LUGger- I agreed to meet my friend
Bob Bedwell at a local pancake house, with a certain degree of trepidation!
I could well imagine, after being on line with the group, a wild eyed
fanatic, waving a Leica and slvering and drooling about photgraphica, and I
was pleasantly surprised to meet such a wonderful person.
I am also glad to report finding  that Bill is a delightful person, his wife
is a very charming lady; We really would like to thank them again for lunch,
and such a very nice visit!- Again, the LUG has offered up a wonderful
opportunity to meet and talk with some really wonderful people!
Here's hoping to meet some more of you 'wild and crazy' guys in the future,
as well-
Dan
PS- Rosie queried if, perhaps,  all LUGger wives collected Teddy Bears! It
seems that while Bill collects Leicas, his wife collects bears, much as MY
wife does!  :o}~