Subject: [Leica] New Summicron 28
From: Bert <mr.bass@planet.nl>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 11:22:38 +0200

Now bear with me a minute. I have the 3rd version Elmarit-M 28 mm (Canada).
It came with a pretty large lens hood (12536) with no cut out. This hood
blocks a fairly large portion of the lower right view in the viewfinder. If
a Summicron 28 mm comes, you (not me, wouldn't be able to justify it) would
end up with a possibly larger lens hood which would block more of the view.
Even with a cut out you'd still be looking at a large portion of the lens
hood, not a good thing IMHO.

Bert K.