Subject: [Leica] Re: ?1.4 Tele-converter-R??
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 15:45:29 -0700

At 12:03 PM 9/3/99 -0700, you wrote:

>I've taken a number of great shots with the 50/2 this year (hope to post
>some samples on an ftp site very soon).  As I study the techical aspect of
>the negs and chromes I'm really reluctant to part with it. Though I suspect
>that the 60/2.8 would perform just as well, it's difficult for me to part
>with a proven winner. I'm trying to hold to my policy of not acquiring any
>more equipment unless I sell something.
>
>Dave

I have both a 50/2 and 60/2.8. They are different lenses. The 50/2 cannot
be beat for general overall good photography. The 60/2.8 takes outstanding
photographs as well. But the results seem a little different. I use the 60
over the 50 when I know in advance that I need to move in really close.
Otherwise I always use the 50.

And don't forget, the 60/2.8 gives you one less stop of "focusing" light on
your ground glass. This, sometimes, makes a real difference in focusing
accuracy.

Jim.