Subject: [Leica] Re: WTB: 35/2 Summicron-M
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 11:59:00 -0700

On 3 Sep 99, csocolow wrote, at least in part:

> moorea@andovercontrols.com wrote:
> >
> > Looking for Summicron-M (black, germany), latest version before ASPH.
> >
> > dmm at
> > bronze.lcs.mit.edu
>

> German? Were they even made? Mine's Canadian and a great lens.

Oh sure, had one. Pointed into the AZ sun it was a bit flare prone,
but a great lens otherwise. Got the 35 Summilux ASPH to replace
it. Better with respect to flare, probably a bit sharper at f2 and
has the f1.4 to expand the shooting clock, but the darn thing is big!

That 'cron of yours, Carl, is *the* perfect lens to stay on your M6
while roaming the streets of Paris.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

     Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased
     at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!
     I know not what course others may take; but as for me,
     give me liberty or give me death!
               -- Patrick Henry