Subject: Re: [Leica] R Superwide Questions
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 16:29:03 +0100

At 11:04 AM 02/09/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Bud-
>I think you'd have to mortgage the family farm to get it!
>I am amazed at the price of filters today. I guess for me, less is better!
>Dan

I suspect that a narrow version 82mm filter still wouldn't work withut
intruding at the corners. The filter that works with this lens is the 82mm
B+W wideangle filter (or filter holder with separate glasses). But it is
big, you can't use the very narrow hood that comes with it because it still
intrudes, and it looks a little conspicuous. But it works. I just used this
combination to photograph some interesting angles of a crumbling and
overgrown Victorian graveyard and I am currently hopping from one foot to
the other (metaphorically speaking) while Argentum in London process my
Ektachrome Infrared films with the "modified E6" process which gives much
more subtlety than the normal E6 processing with this film. I think I may
have some goodies. If B+W do a circular polariser version of the above
filter, you may wish to be seated before looking at the price list.