Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:North Carolina - WAY OFF Topic
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 10:46:10 EDT

In a message dated 09/01/1999 11:03:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
pcollura@epix.net writes:

<<
 LUGGERS of Noble Character:

 I was going to ignore this insulting post but I can't let it pass.   I find
it curious and
 hypocritical that Roland and Bill choose to castigate me for the effrontery
of using "
 M.D." after my name rather than address the issue to which I had posted -
i.e. that I found
 a certain reference to First in Flight as the motto of the Italian Navy
potentially
 insulting.  I have communicated with Marc on this subject and he insures me
that he meant
 it to be taken in a positive sense and for this I believe him and hold no
animus.  It is
 curious though that the mere signing of my name as I do fifty times a day
and how I am
 addressed another fifty times a day should precipitate such a rant.  YOU
don't know me and
 have NO RIGHT to assume that I am anything but humble or that I "let my
education go to my
 head".  Where do you come off suggesting such.  As a 25+ year member of the
LHSA and as a
 MALUG member people who know me can attest to my character and integrity.
You should be
 ashamed of yourselves.

 Paul T. Collura

The profession of those guys who "should be ashamed of themselves" is
abundantly clear.  They have to be "dentists" for they really hit a nerve!
The audacity of those guys for demeaning royalty and deflating ballooned egos.

I still like the definition of "Ph.D." which is generally translated to mean
"Piled higher and Deeper."

Hopefully; we may return to Leica discussions and forget the name tags.