Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon v Leica
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 11:54:09 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/99 11:29:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<< Got a 21 finder to use with my new 21 ASPH...No one warned me it's a chrome
 orange juice can!...Is there an alternative that's in the same $200 price
 range but more reasonably sized - and with better bright lines? The Kobolux
 is BRIGHT, but the finder lines are virtually invisible! >>

I bought a brand-new Leica 21 (plastic) finder from Foto-Hobby (the German
store) at a show in the US 2 years ago for $200.  For size, weight and
brightness it can't be beaten.  So far it hasn't broken, either.  The Contax
G finder is under $200, very nicely finished, but it doesn't match the Leica
finishes and it isn't very small.  I tried one of the Russian finders...had
no bright-lines at all and couldn't see it all with glasses, also it had much
distortion.

DT