Subject: Re: [Leica] Fw: Epson Stylus Photo 1200
From: Dave Yoder <leica@home.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:47:59 -0700

I use an Epson 1200 with a Mac and love it. I recommend it and would suggest
to modify the term "professionaly." I'm a pro and I use it for my
portfolio--it's not ciba, but you can't beat the price and speed and ease of
use. With a Mac I've found it to be extremely reliable. I rarely have to do
reprint's due to color shift, it just seems to magically match my monitor
very closely. I've only had to adjust the overall brightness. There can be
slight banding at 720 dpi, but it's great at 1440. Its sharpness so far has
only been limited by our Kodak scanners at work--which are pretty darn good.

But I wouldn't sell the prints due to archival shortcomings.

Dave Yoder