Subject: Re: [Leica] ELCAN 1/90 US-NAVY
From: David Young <youngs@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:19:55 -0700

Mikiro:

The rangefinder was not needed. Leitz Canada built these Canadian designed,
ELCAN lenses in the late 1960's. They were supplied with a series of rings
that fixed the focus at 50 meters, 100 meters or infinity. Apparently, the
66/f2  and the 90/1's were made only as prototypes, but never produced in
any quantity. They were made (along with a 50mm f2 ELCAN - of which about
500 were built) to go with the Leica KE-7A - a special black chrome M4 made
for the US Navy.

See Lager's guide III, P. 44

Hope this helps.

David.

Xavier Logean wrote (in part):

>>I was surfing in the Leica shop (Austria) web pages and noticed they
>>are selling an ELCAN 1/90 US-NAVY for $29.500 !
>>
>>see : http://www.leicashop.at

David Young,     | A man who gives in when wrong, is wise.
Victoria, CANADA | A man who gives in when right, is married.