Subject: [Leica] Faster than AF......
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 17:36:14 +0000

Friends

I had the privilege of reading Bud Cook's "Leica Mystique" and I am
particularly interested in what he wrote about focussing practise -

<Grip the camera comfortably, with your left index finger touching the
focus tab from below.  Focus the rangefinder on something.  Lower the
camera from your eye without changing your grip, looking directly at the
subject.  Concentrate on your hand position on the camera and the focus
tab.  Next, set the focus to infinity, then, while continuing to look at
the subject, try to move the focus tab back where it was.  Raise the
camera to your eye and see how close you came to accurate focus.
Repeat.  Now do it again with another subject nearer or farther away.
Then try focusing before raising the camera.  Keep practicing, and you
will be amazed at how accurate the technique becomes.  eventually, you
will focus automatically on anything you look at, without giving it
conscious thought.>

Are there any other contributions from LUGgers as to how one might that
focus spot on instinctively almost everytime?

Dan K.

       Money is like fertilizer.  It is useless until it leaves your hand.