Subject: Re: [Leica] 'R' to 'EOS' Adapter?
From: omegaman <omegaman@shentel.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 00:48:20 -0700

Ted Grant wrote:

> >Bob:
> >
> >Can you tell me more about this 'R' to "EOS" adapter?
> >
> >0 - Does it allow EOS lenses on an 'R' or Leica lenses on an "EOS"?
> >1 - Will the lenses focus to infinity?
> >2 - Am I correct that the auto-diaphragm is disabled with the adaptor?
> >3 - what does it cost and where can one get it?>>>>>>
>
> Hi David,
>
> Give Mark green a call at L&S in Victoria as they can get it in for you. I
> asked about the adapter several months ago for a special project I was
> about to work on.
>
> It allows you to put Leica lenses on EOS bodies. How or what functions I
> don't re-call
> ted
>
> Ted Grant
> This is Our Work. The Legacy of Sir William Osler.
> http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

I found an Leica R lens to EOS body adapter at Calumet.  It was $150 and
works great.  It does focus to infinity.  The auto diaphragm no longer
works but those aperature preferred auto exposure functions (and
program) work just fine.  I have been using it with the 180mm APO-Telyt
and the 400mm TELYT.  Since I almost always use these at max aperature,
I don't miss any of the non-working functions (except auto focus).  This
adapter is also handy when I need a very sharp image; I can use the 50
Summicron.
Randolph Carlisle