Subject: Re: [Leica] (Leica) Re FS M3 and two Summicrons
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 20:50:14 -0400

OOPS! Too many margueritas this evening!
I thought I'd better add the serial number of the 35/summicron.
Ser.Nr.- 2168570
This is not the goggled version, and I haven't yet looked it up!
The barrel is to my eyes, like a new lens- some small bright marks on the
rim and front of the cap, and some 'scuffs on the plastic rear cap.
The retainer on the rear looks like it might have been removed at some time,
and is probably why the lens looks so clear! Has been cleaned at one time or
another.
It has a thin aperture ring, and the focus lock is in the semi-circular
depression of the wide focus 'handle'.
I can furnish a flat bed scanner scan to interested parties- I am hoping to
sell the lot together, but will consider selling this lens separately.
Dan