Subject: [Leica] <OFF TOPIC> Dan's computer (no Leica content)
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 17:57:55 -0500

Dan,

I had the same problems with trying to use my SprintScan on my new
Yosomite G3 Mac....end result is that I bought a new SCSI card and all is
now well......old card worked fine with my zip drive, just not the
sprintscan...go figure.

I seceretly think it was a Y2K problem as the scanner worked fine at 1999
dpi resolution, but at 2000 it crashed.

So if any of you owners of the new B&W G3 Macs need a SCSI card for a zip
or other types of scanners (NOT polariod!!) I have an Orange Micro 906F
I'll sell you.

On 8/28/99 2:07 PM Dan Post wrote:

>PS- I know it is Saturday, but yesterday the computer was being ornery! I
>have been trying to get my friend's Scan Multi to work, and it is the most
>aggravating thing I have ever encountered!! Has anyone else tried this
>scanner, and if so, have you had problems with it being recognized by
>Photoshop 5.0 or MS Photo Editor?
>It get so that I keep getting faults and errors in Windows 98, and the
>system gets VERY flaky!
>Short of a Mac, any suggestions?

Best regards,
Harrison McClary