Subject: RE: [Leica] Need help on R extender -
From: "Ben Ho ^_^" <longjohn@netvigator.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 12:25:08 +0800

Hello Ted

Quite embarressingly, I am 30 but I do think I have a body of a 90 year old.
The even more embarressing thing is that I am about 5'10" but only weight
135 lb.  People has been calling me "match man" long time.  (Better stop
here before people think I am posting something like "Men wants woman"
request.  ^_^)

> At one time I'd have never thought of using a monopod with a little bitty
> 70-180 zoom lens, that was for sissys.:) That was then and this is now!
> However, as one grows older, one finds that the monopod isn't such a bad
> idea after all!  So the majority of the time these days I use a monopod
> with the 70-180. Makes more sense than struggling with aching
> arms, blowing
> images and feeling really stupid when you have "shook too much"
> when taking
> your pictures.
>
> And that doesn't mean only 70 year olds do that!  The 70-180 is a hefty
> chunk of lens for anyone, so the use of a monopod is a good thing. If you
> haven't tried it you might give it a go and see how you make out.
>
> In any event, anyone using a 70-180 isn't going to be "unobtrusive," so a
> monopod isn't going to make any difference whether someone sees you
> shooting or not. But the monopod will make a difference for your end
> results.
>
> Try this before you begin buying expensive extenders for shorter lenses.

Thanks for comforting me and the great advice.  I tried monopod before and
think it is quite troublesome as I lay, kneel and stand a lot.  On second
thought, maybe it is a good idea to get accustom to it.

> <<<<Have you tried using 2 2x before?>>>>>
>
> Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Noted.  Will not go into this unless I really find getting used to monopod
impossible.  Will try for a while.  Thanks again for your great advice.
Very much appreciated.

> <<<<P.S.  On second thought, instead of an extender, maybe I should get
> myself a
> weight training set. ^_^>>>>>>>>>
>
> That might help with any of the long Leica lenses! :)

Sure it does.  ^_^

Best regards,
Ben ^_^