Subject: Re: [Leica] THANKS! From Dr. Blacktape and B.D.
From: "Richard E. Baznik" <reb10@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 08:03:50 -0400

B. D.

My vote is for the 21 and the 75, the former on the basis of my own
experience with the 21 S/A 3.4, and the latter on the basis of the comments
on the LUG about its special qualities.

Earlier this year I intentionally left home for a day of shooting (in-town
street shots, plus some countryside) with only the 21. I was amazed at the
flexibility of the lens if you know that's going to be your standard
(indeed only) focal length and not simply an option available to you.
Distortion is minimized -- except where you want it -- and the prints
sparkle with detail. The 21 ASPH can only be better.

As for the 75, I can only dream.

Too bad you had to go through hell and back to have this opportunity to
restock.///Dick Baznik
_________