Subject: Re: [Leica] PhD qualifications
From: "R. Saylor" <rlsaylor@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 23:46:48 -0400

From:           	"KPETERS" <KPETERS@huntel.net>
To:             	<leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject:        	Re: [Leica] PhD qualifications
Date sent:      	Thu, 26 Aug 1999 22:29:37 -0500
Send reply to:  	leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

> I'm not sure if this was touched on, but when I was in grad school, the
> terms were B.S. (bullshit), M.S. ("more shit"), and then, Ph.D ("piled
> higher, and deeper!")....
> ps.  My masters thesis was on the identification of mosquito vectors of the
> dog heartworm in Nebraska!  What  a hoot that was!!

I beg to disagree with your putting down the importance of grad
school. My Ph.D. thesis was something like "Generalized Boundary
Values in the Dirichlet Problem" (Rice U., 1966). By now I'm sure it
is a favorite topic of conversation at the breakfast table all over
America and perhaps the world.  :-)

Richard S.

P.S. Speedy recovery to Dr. Blacktape.