Subject: [Leica] Use of a Super Colorplan P2 on a P2002 projector
From: "Tim Phipps" <TimPhipps@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 17:30:18 -0400

I just bought one of the discounted ($595) P2002 projectors from B and H and
apparently ordered the wrong lens.  I got the P2 version of the Super
Colorplan (designed for the 150/300/600 series) instead of the P series.
The only difference, as far as I can tell, is that the rear element of the
P2 is placed further back in the lens case compared with the P.  I called
Leica and they said the P2 wouldn't fit in the P2002.  It does fit and seems
to work fine.  Is anyone aware of any problems with using the P2 in the
P2002 projector, such as damage to the rear element of the lens or maybe
problems with the autofocus mechanism?  I would just as soon not return it
if there is no real reason to do so.

Thanks from a former lurker who bought his first M6 three months ago and
hasn't stopped grinning since!

Dr. Tim
(sorry--I couldn't resist ;-)