Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 vs M3/M4-2: viewfinder brightness
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:29:21 -0400

In my experience with a limited number of Ms the M6 finder is a little more
contrasty looking than an M2 3 or four. Brightness is about the same. This
does not seem to matter in use. The M6 finder is also more prone to flare.
This does make a difference in use.

Ken Wilcox

At 11:46 PM 8/25/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm new to Leica's so bear with me.
>
>I was in Tamarkin in NYC today looking at an M3 vs M4-2 vs M6, and I was
>struck by the vast difference in clarity between the models.  (The M3 was a
>104xxxx, if I remember right.)
>
>The new M6 was crystal clear, almost like you were looking into thin
>air.  Both the M4-2 and the M3 were somewhat less clear with lower
>contrast, with the M3 being the worst.  Could these viewfinders be cleaned
>to be as bright as the M6?
>
>Skip

>Skip Williams
>Westfield, NJ
>skipwilliams@pobox.com

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>