Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: North Carolina - off topic
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:51:08 -0400

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BEEFC1.AB0904C0

- -----Original Message-----
From: roland [mailto:roland@dnai.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 1999 5:23 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

I find it interesting that MDs have to insist on the recognition of their
professional designation and try to be a special royalty in this country.
It's too bad they can't work on being human beings and be respected for
sensitive friendly qualities.

First of all, Roland, I'm not a doctor, but I do play with one (my wife).
This thread accelerated over an allegedly biased characterization of a
nationality, a tactic you extend to at least one profession.  I find it
interesting that you insist on characterizing all members of the medical
profession as overly regal and reluctant to "work on being human beings be
respected for sensitive, friendly qualities.(sic)"  Any observer who based
her or his opinion of photographers on our most obvious sector, paparazzi,
would conclude that all photographers were boorish ghouls.  I know many
(medical) doctors and find that they consistently represent the entire range
of human qualities from saint to satanic, just as I find the same human
distribution among most professions, including photographers.

To veer dangerously close to being on-topic, my wife does not buy and use
the Leica equipment in our household, I do.  My wife does, however,
volunteer to serve as my spouse-pod when I need a stable base in low light.

	Buzz Hausner

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BEEFC1.AB0904C0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE>RE: [Leica] Re: North Carolina - off topic</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: roland [<A HREF=3D"mailto:roland@dnai.com" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">mailto:roland@dnai.com</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 1999 5:23 PM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: North Carolina - off =
topic</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I find it interesting that MDs have to insist on the =
recognition of their</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>professional designation and try to be a special =
royalty in this country.&nbsp; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>It's too bad they can't work on being human beings =
and be respected for</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>sensitive friendly qualities.</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>First of all, Roland, I'm not a doctor, but I do play =
with one (my wife).&nbsp; This thread accelerated over an allegedly =
biased characterization of a nationality, a tactic you extend to at =
least one profession.&nbsp; I find it interesting that you insist on =
characterizing all members of the medical profession as overly regal =
and reluctant to &quot;work on being human beings be respected for =
sensitive, friendly qualities.(sic)&quot;&nbsp; Any observer who based =
her or his opinion of photographers on our most obvious sector, =
paparazzi, would conclude that all photographers were boorish =
ghouls.&nbsp; I know many (medical) doctors and find that they =
consistently represent the entire range of human qualities from saint =
to satanic, just as I find the same human distribution among most =
professions, including photographers.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>To veer dangerously close to being on-topic, my wife =
does not buy and use the Leica equipment in our household, I do.&nbsp; =
My wife does, however, volunteer to serve as my spouse-pod when I need =
a stable base in low light.</FONT></P>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2>Buzz =
Hausner</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>