Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: North Carolina - off topic
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:47:37 -0400

Walter wrote:

"Don't include the Phd, tho.....no one takes them seriously...."

The worth of a Ph.D. and the effort that went into earning it is inversely
proportional to the need of the Ph.D. holder to be called "Doctor".  For
example, I have never met a Ph.D. in astrophysics who needed to be called
doctor, but every Ph.D. in education that I have met has requested the
use of that honorific.

Jonathan Lee