Subject: [Leica] Fulvio Roiter
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 11:56:33 +0200

Dear friends,

I just bought a used book (from 1981) titled "Fulvio Roiter
Photographie". For those who don't remember, Roiter published in
the 70's a splendid "Essere Venezia" (spelling?) which was one of
the biggest European success of all times among photo books.

Roiter uses exclusively Leicas, mostly R it seems. In this book
he explains the circumstances in which he made each picture, the
choices he had to do and the idea he wanted to develop. An
extraordinary lesson. And a wonderful example of what Leica
lenses are able to produce (though Jay Maysel I love too uses
Nikon, if I remember).

I don't know if this book has been published in English but I
advise you to get it if ever your read French.

- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)
Systems and RDBMS consultant (MCSE)
Lyon, France