Subject: Re: [Leica] safelight windows
From: "Ernest Nitka" <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 20:21:06 -0400

Mark - Having just done my darkroom that is what I did for a safelight - i
purchased the flourescent tube with the insert from CPM ( Delta) out of
Dallas, TX.  I was skeptical at first but find that it really illuminates
things well without obvious fogging.  While i am a rank amateur I find that
I can only do about 3-4 hours in the darkroom.  I also find that if I
confine myself to 5 or 6 contact sheets and then maybe working on doing a
decent job of maybe making 5x7's of 10 frames that that is it for a session.
The more I try to do the quality goes down.  I suspect that this is true of
amateurs and pros alike.

Ernie