Subject: Re: [Leica] 135mm 2.8 question
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:48:11 -0700

Alex Brattell wrote:

> There's never any mention of the 135mm 2.8 goggled lens for the M.
> I'd consider one for the occassional portrait or stage photography (can't
> quite reach over the orchestra pit with the 90mm). Wouldn't be able to
> justify a new 3.4 apo as 135mm is not a favourite focal length for me.
> Is this lens unpopular due to its size, or performance or both?
>
> Thanks
> Alex

>                          alex@zetetic.co.uk
>     http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~abrattell/

On the front porch of the "Goose" in Portland Oregon this weekend Lugnut Michael
Leitheiser went off to the other side of the deck and grabbed a shot of Lugnut
David Medley and myself going over his slide pages of sharp saturated wellseen
Leica M Fujichromes. He used his 135 2.8! This lens transforms your Leica into a
heavier and more solid beast, well balanced.
I did get the 3.4 APO the however and I feel this lens on the long run will turn
a less popular focal length for Leica M users into a much more popular one. My
negs I shoot with it glow as do the prints. Perhaps someday I will show them to
you or you will see someone elses and you will be impressed.
Mark Rabiner