Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie Leica questions...
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@jnlcom.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:55:43 -0500

On 8/23/99 12:10 PM kevinselner@pmail.net wrote

>1. I thought I might just buy the body new and get used lenses on ebay. Does
>that seem like a prudent course of action?

Be sure you know the real cost of the lens or you may end up paying more
than necessary.

>2. I saw a 35mm Summaron on ebay. It has the attached magnifiers which fit
>over the body of the camera. Is this extra piece removable so that I can
>use just
>the lens? What effect do these magnifiers have on the M6?

This is a lens made originally for the M3 that had only a 50mm frame so
it magnifies the 50mm frame to be the same coverage as the 35mm angle of
view.  Do not remove the eyes (magnifiers) this lens will work on the
M6...it will call up the 50mm lines and they will be magnified to the
35mm view with the eyes in place.

>3. I noticed a retailer advertising on the LUG list (photonewsnetwork)
>that offered a 6 month payment plan.
>Anyone care to offer any comments about
>this retailer either publicly (here) or
>privately via email?

Pat Mckee is a class fellow and a very good and friendly dealer.

Harrison McClary
Staff Photographer Journal Communications, Inc
http://www.jnlcom.com
http://www.mcclary.net