Subject: [Leica] MORE Noise of falling . . .
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 19:50:32 -0400

>"Paul Schiemer" <schiemer@magicnet.net> wrote:
>
>>He picked it up abruptly, making a gesture I guess, it flew into the
>air between us and crashed down through the glass counter
>into the case of Nikons below. (what a incredible sound that was!)

	--> if you REALLY want to hear about "incredible sound",
	read on:
	A few years ago, one Saturday night, my brother-in-law
	Pierre asked me to go to the small university town convenience store
	to get him a case of beer. Why not ?
	So, I get myself there.
	Yes: we were out of beer, ... almost (and I usually never drink).
	I go in the beer walk-in glass walled fridge
	and find a case of his favorite, Black Label, then start noticing all
	the more exotic beers they had there (I'm a marketing
	and packaging nut).
	Done, I pick-up the beer case and start on my way out
	of that walk-in fridge BUT, somehow, (God's hand, ... surely ! )
	I bang into a wall of piled up cans of cold beer, about 5-6 feet
	high, just as I opened the door.
	Can you imagine THE SOUND that a hundred or more beer cans
	make when they fall all over the place, rolling everywhere, then
	more tumbling cans of beer adding to the "vacarme" (roaring
	noise)? Me as red as a pimento, everyone staring at me
	with accusing or amused eyes, very amused indeed.

	Off course, I'm on topic: I never had such a Leica moment
	before or since !       :-))
	( They never showed me the security camera tapes:
	probably collectors' prize...)

	BUT, I do have even more special a sound to tell about:
	a friend was shooting a TV commercial in a fancy condo
	in Montreal. Granite floors and all sorts of real expensive stuff.
	WHEN ... his assistant hit a crystal chandelier that
	literally flew all over the place .....  piece by piece,
	after the thing first hit the floor and bits of crystal flew
everywhere,
	JUST as the condo's owner came back from errands,
	opening the door ...    :+(

	Try and beat that one !

	AJQ