Subject: RE: [Leica] PS5 HELP....?
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:18:17 +0200

Hi Tim,

I don't know PS but here are some generic tips I would use in
that case.

Reboot your machine (I mean shutdown it physically).

Did you remove all references to Photoshop or Aldus in the
registery and all files and directories of Photoshop from the
file system before re-installing?

Try to reapply all patches and service packs or Windows and PS.

Can you run other programs using the scanner(s)?

Can you run other programs using the printer Photoshop uses?

Did you remove a directory in which Photoshop saved something
during the last session?

Try to remove all files in the plug-ins directory (make a backup
first!).

Look in the manual if there is a keyboard key that you could
press when lauching PS in order to let it take the default
parameters (Corel has one).

Do you have enough disk space?

Delete all temporary files you find.

Check if there are read-only files or directories on your disk
and reset the attribute (type ATTRIB -R *.* /S at the command
prompt in the root of all disks).

Hope this helps.

- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)