Subject: Re: [Leica] Tokyo visit report
From: "Ken Iisaka" <kiisaka@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:06:08 -0700

> Ken Iisaka wrote:
> >
> > All,
> ><snip>
> > I also had a chance to fondle a Hexanon 60/1.2  It is a hefty lens and
its
> > unevenly spaced aperture ring a la earlier Leitz lenses is rather
peculiar.
> > Only 800 were produced but several are supposedly available at
several><snip>

> I never did find out how the frameline issue is worked out with this
intriguing lens.
> Mark Rabiner

A separate Albada-style finder is included with the lens.  The angle of
coverage is so close to the 50mm lens, whose focal length is 52mm, that I
wouldn't think it will be much of a problem.

I found one at 171,000 yen, and another at 178,000, or about $1,600.  The
search for Noctilux was unfruitful (found the first generation 58mm Noctilux
at 176,000, but it was so beat up, and the helicoid was loose) so I might
pick up the Hexanon to play with.

The screwmount Leica lenses will be available on Sept. 1, so I will miss
them by a week.