Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R6 or R6.2
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 00:06:26 -0700

Dan,

The 6.2 has a top shutter speed of 1/2000 vs. 1/1000 for the 6.  The exposure
counter was relocated so it is adjacent to the metering selector switch and is
magnified.  The shutter blade mechanism was changed is lighter in weight and
supposedly has better accuracy.  They both have TTL using the same Metz
adapter.  Both are basically mechanical cameras and will function without a
battery.  For flash use, both have a electronic shutter release that is
activated when the shutter speed is set on "x".  Both require a circular
polarizer since metering is through the mirror.

I suspect that one of the reasons that the 6.x is about the same price as the
R8 is they basically have built a camera with a dual electronic and mechanical
system with the mechanical system capable of operating without batteries or in
the case of battery failure.  I only have a 6.0 so this is all to the best of
my knowledge and research.

Hope this helps, bill larsen ohlen@lightspeed.net