Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 400 2.8 vs Canon 500 f4, Leica 280 vs Canon 300
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:01:38 -0500

On 8/18/99 3:02 PM whalen@circle.net wrote

>However,  these lenses
>are so heavy you have to use a tripod

Gary,

I'd hazzard to say a lot of photos are made using 400 2.8's on
monopods...When shooting football or basketball they will not let you get
near the field with a tripod...and Ted has stated several times his son
shoots the Canon 400 2.8 hand held...I have seen shooters at NFL games
shooting the 400 2.8 hand held also, not something I want to do, but some
do it, know my 400 2.8 is too dern heavy for me to hand hold and follow
focus and get decent results.

Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net