Subject: [Leica] R reliability
From: Dave Yoder <leica@home.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 23:03:14 -0700

Honestly, I don't expect my cameras to be trouble free. I bought into the
R's expecting perhaps a bit repair servicing than brand X, but that's the
price to pay for the lenses. Kinda like Land Rover owners. Gotta love
them, but they have their quirks too. I started with Olympus--an OM4-T, an
OM-3 and something else I can't remember. Liked them too, but they had
lots of problems. Nothing catastrophic, but enough to bother me a bit. I
can tell though that the craftsmanship of the Leica bodies are better than
Olympus OM. So I'm optimistic.

So far I'm really happy with the system.

Thanks for all the info from everyone,

Dave Y.