Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos at the Vatican???
From: Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:54:57 -0700

>Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 21:28:45 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Bill Erfurth <m6rf@yahoo.com>
>Subject: [Leica] Photos at the Vatican???

>I am going to be in Rome in October.

>I have heard that photo-ops are somewhat limited at
>the Vatican because St Peters is covered with
>scafolding and that no photos are permitted in the
>Sistine chapel because the Japanese have sole and
>exclusive photo rights.  Is this true?  Should I just
>leave my M6 at the hotel?

>Bill

No way, take your camera with you! You can shoot in and around Vatican
Museum and from the windows, too. The statues behind the scaffolding look
more interesting (90/135mm might be helpful), and don't forget people on
the St. Peter's square. The square is especially nice at dusk and night.
Also, climb up the cupola, great view.

I didn't have a need to photograph in the Chapel, but I've seen people do
it - with P/S and flash, no less.

Jiri Dvorak