Subject: Re: [Leica] Olympus XA rangefinder
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:11:22 +0000

After the shutter release had got stuck twice and had been repaired at
great cost, I threw the camera into the dustbin when it got stuck the third
time. Otherwise I liked it   ;-)

(Never had a problem with any of my M6!)

Chris

>Since Bill Larsen just reminded us: "There used to be a lot of talk about
>rangefinder cameras (which is the charter of the list --- not Leica in
>general). . . "
>I bought a little Olympus XA at a garage sale yesterday - what a cutie.
>Everything seems to work, and the rangefinder is bright. The aperture
>priority adjustment looks simple and lets you decide whether depth of field
>is important instead of the usual P&S auto everything. With a 35mm f2.8 lens
>and an extremely quiet shutter, this could be a fun camera. I hope to run a
>roll through it in the next day or two. Anybody have any thoughts or
>experience re the XA?
>
>Thanks,
>Gary Todoroff
>Tree LUGger

- --
christer almqvist
eichenstrasse 57, d-20255 hamburg, fon +49-40-407111 fax +49-40-4908440
14 rue de la hauteur, f-50590 regnéville-sur-mer, fon+fax +33-233 45 35 58