Subject: [Leica] P & S
From: kt66@cyberhighway.net (ckk)
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:20:32 -0700 (PDT)

I must apologize for the point and shoot post. As many have mentioned, on
and off list, it is off topic. I should have presented the argument better.

My surprise at the lens quality of ( some) P&S's has led me to carry one as
a back up. I have shed the weight of another rangefinder/SLR while shooting
in the street or while traveling. Mind you, I don't get paid for the pics
,and probably couldn't  : ).

Also, I would be interested in any opinion regarding the Leica vario elmar
version  of a P&S. I have yet to see a used copy in my area, but I am looking.

Kevin