Subject: Re: [Leica] Minolta made R9
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 20:32:28 -0400

Andre-
I personally see nothing wrong with a co-operative development of an "R9" or
other camera, if it meets a need or perceived need in the market. The
lenses, and cameras that had the 'Minolta' touch were all nice cameras, and
I've owned and used the R3, R4, and R7.
The manual camera, after my SLs, that I would choose would be the R6.2-
because it suits my needs and style of photography. However, I don't deride
anyone who needs a fully automatic camera for their work, and if Leica works
with another camera manufacturer in order to develope such a camera, I don't
think it any great sin. Leica's forte, it seems, is in the excellent optics,
and a fine tradition of mechanics. IF this could be coupled with the
electronic and design expertise of another firm, even Minolta, it might
prove interesting. Even more, it might prove a good move financially if the
result caught the market just right!
Dan