Subject: Re: [Leica] To all the Ameritalian LUGgers
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 12:53:01 -0700

Dan,

I enjoyed reading your post and can't help but admire your cosmopolitan
sense.

One of the most interesting aspects of Italian dialects (there are more than
15 with local variations), is that they reveal foreign influences where you
would least expect it.
In the Friuli region, for instance, where "Furlan" is spoken, you can detect
words derived from French and Spanish . An odd coincidence since Friuli
borders with Slovenia.
It is generally accepted that the best Italian is spoken in Florence.
Therefore, be careful with Neapolitan accents.
Don't you hate it how your hands get tired when you speak Italian ?

Joseph