Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw to M adapters
From: Coresect <coresect@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 12:04:22 +0200

Thanks for your, as always, punctual and helpful replies, Marc.
However, you're going to have to bear with me as I'm an idiot...

> They ARE identical.  Both use the same 39mm by 26tpi thread selected by
> Oscar Barnack.  The lenses should be completely interchangeable.  I
> regularly use Russian lenses on my IIIc and IIIf and have used Leica lenses
> on my FED and Zorki cameras, when I owned such.

I have a III with a rigid Summar on the front. Till now I have taken the lens
off by focusing very close and I keep on turning, anti-clockwise till it comes
off. The thread size is about 32mm. Now, from what you are saying I get the
impression that taking the lens off includes the larger flange where the
distance readings in metres are engraved... Is this right? Mine won't come off
and I'm loathed to force it. Should that bit come off with the lens, presumably
underneath the thread is 39mm.
Thanks for your time, sorry for my ignorance.
Paul.