Subject: Re: [Leica] 2 different Epson Printers $499??
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 10:16:16 -0600

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> In the Club Mac catalog today I'm looking and they have 2 different new Epson
> Printers both for the same price.
> One is the Stylus Color 1520 and the other one is the Stylus photo 1200 which
> has 6 color, slower? better? Newer?
> Which one is the smart one for Mark to get? Both going new for the same price I
> don't get it?!

The 1520 is an older large-format printer. It does not directly support
USB. The 1200 is a recent arrival, specifically designed for photo
printing (smaller dots, 6-color ink) but at the moment,
www.missupply.com doesn't produce archival ink kits for it, and in fact,
I have not located a single 3rd party refill kit for this model yet. The
black cartridge apparently is the same used in the older Photo EX, but
not so with the color cartridge. I just picked up my 1200 on Thursday,
and so far, it's looking terrific. No problems at all with a USB
connection under Windows98.

Jeff