Subject: Re: [Leica] m2
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 19:56:09 -0400

At 05:20 PM 8/14/1999 -0400, Steve LeHuray wrote:
>Some things die hard don't they? There is nothing wrong with plastic
>eyeglass lenses. Why would anybody want to walk around with twice the wait
>sitting on their nose. I know that both of you won't beleive it but they DO
>NOT scratch. Oh, maybe if you take a scew driver and drag it across the lens
>but the gentle rubbing against a brass viewfinder will leave nary a mark
>(oops) scratch.

My optometrist challenged me on that very point.  He handed me a
"scratchproof" plastic lens and some brillo and said, "see for yourself".
A minute later, I handed him back a scratched lens.

Folks, I am TOUGH on my glasses.  I regularly get four years wear out of
glass lenses but have never managed four months out of plastic.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!