Subject: Re: [Leica] To all the Ameritalian LUGgers
From: Coresect <coresect@tin.it>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 21:46:02 +0200

- --------------FDBF21587852D327863B9E5A

Joe Codispoti wrote:

> (allow me to add my own : "Mussolini
> put the trains on time").

Apparently that is a myth, they are more on time now (and that really doesn't
mean much). At least, I read this in a newspaper article, so it's probably not
true ;-)Paul.

> Joseph Codispoti
> > Giorgio,
> >
> > If you think americans talk to much just say so.  I agree I don't like the
> > long discourses on pizza, airports, etc.  But it would have been more
> polite
> > to say it in English I hope you to hjave a nice vacation in this hot
> summer.
> > BTW, there are some Americans (preperly spelled) that speak several
> > languages. It is ashame one generalizes about people.

I don't think he was being impolite, he was just asking the Italians on the list
not to "let the side down" and say things that would, perhaps, encourage other
people to generalize about them.
Paul.

- --------------FDBF21587852D327863B9E5A

<HTML>
Joe Codispoti wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>(allow me to add my own : "Mussolini
<BR>put the trains on time").</BLOCKQUOTE>
Apparently that is a myth, they are more on time now (and that really doesn't
mean much). At least, I read this in a newspaper article, so it's probably
not true ;-)Paul.
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Joseph Codispoti
<BR>> Giorgio,
<BR>>
<BR>> If you think americans talk to much just say so.&nbsp; I agree I
don't like the
<BR>> long discourses on pizza, airports, etc.&nbsp; But it would have
been more
<BR>polite
<BR>> to say it in English I hope you to hjave a nice vacation in this
hot
<BR>summer.
<BR>> BTW, there are some Americans (preperly spelled) that speak several
<BR>> languages. It is ashame one generalizes about people.</BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think he was being impolite, he was just asking the Italians on
the list not to "let the side down" and say things that would, perhaps,
encourage other people to generalize about <U>them</U>.<BR>
Paul.</HTML>

- --------------FDBF21587852D327863B9E5A--