Subject: Re: [Leica] depressed about investment
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 15:11:07 -0700

Tina wrote:

>>BTW- Tina- what kind of insect repellant do the pros recommend, in places
>>like Honduras!? My wife can go into the back yard, and she immediately
>>becomes a 'skeeter' buffet, and dessert for all sorts of pesky gnats, midges
>>and bloodsucking varmints of various caliber! She needs a professional
>>strength 'skeeter' dope really bad!

>I use Avon's Skin So Soft - better than 100% Deet and good for your
>skin.  Folklore from Honduras also says eat lots of garlic and don't eat
>bananas.  Mosquitos hate garlic-flavored blood, but they love those bananas!

Besides being something I don't want on my skin, Deet will also destroy
your clothing; anything synthetic has a short lifespan with Deet.

Something else that helps apparently (I haven't tried this one) is to have
drinks of orange juice and baking soda starting ten days to two weeks befor
exposure; apparently it changes you skin ph so that the mosquitoes don't
find it tasty.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com