Subject: Re: [Leica] Yashica T4 Super
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 01:24:16 -0400

At 21:55 -0700 13/08/99, ckk wrote:
>I was recently traveling to a family reunion, and chose to only bring a
>Yashica T-4 Super.
. . .
> They were still  stunned by the quality of the prints,...
. . .
>Oh well, I am contrary enough to feel I "need" a Leica. I just can no longer
>prove it.
>VEK

 	--> this Yashica worldwide success, more than 15 years
	now, if not 20, is the very finest example of
	trickle down technology in the field of photography.
	A Zeiss Tessar on a C$225 "everyone can afford it"
	point & shoot a 7 year old can use, with enough of
	useable automation and general quality, makes
	a very serious point that's of major concern to
	well over 95% of photographers alive today:
	It's not the size, it's not the fancy programs,
	it's not the zooms, it's not the frills
	that provide what's adequate to help most people
	attain what photography is about to most people:
	"clear" souvenir snapshots of the cat and dog, grandma
	with the new baby, cute Sue with her new Honda Civic,
	uncle Bill with his latest crush he met in New Haven,
	the latest downtown tornado, Ben's $10 million winner's check,s
	Mark's first contact with aliens, etc..

	--> I read a report a few weeks ago that provided
	the exact number of millions sold of this one camera
	model, something that must provide Yashica with
	truckloads of cash money month after month.

	--> You have fun with your little Yashica T4/T5 ? Fine.
	You want to go wild on a Leica? No problem either.

	-->  The whole purpose is quite simple: get to have fun
	with your photo outfit, get to a level of results that'll make
	you proud, get to improve on it, roll after roll.
	Here comes the latest Leica freak: be prepared !

	QUESTION: How does a Leica Z2x compare ? I'm curious.
	There's also a Samsung 1150 zoom that sells like hotcakes
	in this city.

	Best regards,

	Andre Jean Quintal