Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Old Leicas and a defence of Sherry!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:15:21 -0400

Andrew-
I think your last post says it- she is as she told me " a one man store"
actually a one woman store, and considering the results, she spends adequate
time to get the job done, and doesn't rush so there is no fear of compromise
in her work. I think she is usually covered up with work( five month
turnaround on LTM!- but worth the wait!), and since she knows a damn sight
more than I do about Leicas, I am somewhat inclined to believe her! Her work
on my M3 was exemplary, and though I don't use it professionally, (I am at
the 'use level' where my M3 will probably last another 40 years!) I am
impressed with the rugged quality of the camera.  I am impressed, as well,
with the quality of the M6. Be it better or worse ( I can't tell!) it sure
as Hell beats most of what is out there in terms of doing what it is
supposed to do and doing it well! I hope to get one someday!
Dan
- - Have Leica pocket protector, will travel....