Subject: [Leica] 15mm Cosina Pix
From: Mark Newport <newport_m@utpb.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 11:30:46 -0500

Henning wrote in part:

> The Heliar has a bit of distortion, but at a level of the 21 Elmarit;
>hardly a
> major concern. In the areas of resolution, contrast and flare, the Heliar
>is definitely better. I would also classify the Heliar as 'better'.

I may be needing a really wide lens for an upcoming project.  Are there any
pictures on the web from a 15mm Cosina that I can look at.  I would buy a
21 Elmarit or Zeiss Hologon if I could afford one (we will see). This
Cosina wide angle would be used to photograph a large building project over
the course of the next year and might called upon for some big (20X30)
enlargements. I have a 28 Elmarit, but don't think it will be wide enough.
By the way, between the 21mm's, does the Elmarit have more distortion than
the Super Angulon?

Thanks for any info,

Newp
R. Mark Newport